Learn how to introduce this amazing, evidence based, social-emotional development group to your school. Sunshine Circles ® are adult-directed and structured, but rather than talking, the teacher leads playful, cooperative and nurturing activities. Sunshine Circles can very quickly and dramatically improve the quality of the classroom and provide teachers with resources to maintain an emotionally positive and cognitively enriched environment.
15 CPD hours
- Describe the four dimensions of Theraplay, a modality of play therapy.
- Apply Theraplay principles to group treatment in a school setting.
- Develop skills in using the group rules and group techniques in a school setting through practice.
- Demonstrate how to adapt the use of group Theraplay with various populations.
- Describe how nurturing and regulating physical connection can assist a child to feel calm and more organized in a group setting
- Describe three techniques for managing resistance and problem situations in groups.
- List a variety of material and activities that are appropriate for the group Theraplay, a modality of play therapy.
- List three strategires for incorporating Theraplay in daily interactions with children in the classroom.
This training is provided by Nexus Primary Health- for further information contact us by email.
“I’d like to say a huge thank you for the wonderful training on Monday and Tuesday. I absolutely loved it and got SO much out of it. I’m really excited to be able to apply it to my role next year as I’ll be delivering Sunshine Circles in the area.” Sunshine Circles training participant, 2017.