Registrants should have experience using Theraplay in their work before attending this training.
19 CPD hours
Prerequisite: Level One Theraplay & Marschak Interaction Method
Day 1: Marschak Interaction Method (MIM) Skill Development
This will focus on several examples of MIMs and their interpretation to improve your comfort and skill in administering and interpreting this assessment.
- Administer and analyze the MIM at an intermediate skill level
- Develop skills in the use of the MIM for treatment planning
- Time permitting, you may share one of your complex or interesting MIM’s for group discussion.
Day 2: Building Your Theraplay Skills
This will help improve the breadth of your Theraplay skill set to bring your Theraplay work to a higher skill level.
- Demonstrate how to use a wider range of Theraplay activities and techniques
- Describe how to adapt Theraplay to work with a wider range of populations, such as children with autism and older children
- Describe strategies for dealing with resistant clients
Special Feature of this Training:
- The training will include lots of practice and a wide range of video examples
Day 3: Adapting Theraplay to Work with Trauma and Complex Families
If you work with children who have been traumatized, have attachment disorders or complex families we highly recommend that you attend this program. It will help you sensitively adapt Theraplay to work with this population.
- Describe the concept of developmental trauma disorder
- Describe three modifications to Theraplay to meet the needs of traumatized children
- Describe two ways that other modalities can be used in conjunction with Theraplay to meet the treatment needs of traumatized children
- Describe how to determine when to use Theraplay in the overall treatment course of a client
- Describe how to adapt treatment to meet the needs of parents who themselves may be traumatized
Special Features of this Training:
- Case videos of children who have been traumatized will be shown
- Participants will practice Theraplay modifications for trauma
- Participants will develop and practice a treatment plan for one of their traumatized client